SPARK Saturdays is a program created by volunteers studying Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University that aims to introduce beginners to concepts within electrical and computer engineering and expose them to engineering as a potential career choice.
To apply, students must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be high school students during the time the sessions will take place.
- Be able to attend all sessions. Due to limited space, we really want to make sure students who sign up will be able to make it to all the sessions. This will also help students gain the most from their experience.
- Print, fill out and bring the release form and a $5 registration fee to the lab.
This semester, we have space for 35 students in the program, and students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please fill out and submit the registration form below to reserve a place electronically. The release form is attached to the last page of the registration form. Within a few days of making your submission, you will receive an email with further details.
The $5 registration fee is used to procure parts and snacks for the sessions. However, if you're financially unable to pay this fee, please email Kashish Garg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPARK Saturdays 2019 will be held tentatively on the following dates:
- Programming Beginner - 2/2
- Programming Advanced - 2/16
- Boolean Logic - 3/2
- Smart Light - 3/23
- Energy Harvesting - 4/4
- Radio - 4/20