SPARK Saturdays is a program created by volunteers studying Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University that aims to introduce beginners to concepts within electrical and computer engineering and expose them to engineering as a potential career choice.
To apply, students must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be high school students during the time the sessions will take place.
- Be able to attend all sessions. Due to limited space, we really want to make sure students who sign up will be able to make it to all the sessions. This will also help students gain the most from their experience.
- Submit the release form and a $5 registration fee prior to Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
This semester, we have space for 30 students in the program, and students will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Please fill out and submit this form to reserve a place electronically. Within a few days of making your submission, you will receive an email with a release form which you must print, fill out and mail back along with a $5 registration fee. A link to the release form will also be provided upon completing this registration form.
The $5 registration fee is used to procure parts and snacks for the sessions. However, if you're financially unable to pay this fee, please email Kashish Garg at email@example.com.
SPARK Saturdays will be held tentatively from 9:45am - 12:00pm on the following days this semester:
- February 10: Smart Light Lab
- February 24: Radio Lab
- March 10: Enery Harvesting Lab
- March 24: Boolean Logic Lab
- April 7:Programming Lab
- April 28: Arduino Lab